Windows 98 Updates

Steffles 10:45 25 Nov 05

I have Windows 98 on my computer and I wanted to get the updates from the Windows site, but my computer is not connected to the interent, and I cannot connect it. Is there any way of putting the updates on a disk and then installing them onto my computer from that?

mgmcc 12:17 25 Nov 05

With a PC that does have internet access, go to the Windows Update site and, from the Other Options, select Personalize Windows Update. Tick the box "Display the link to the Windows Update Catalog" and click "Save Settings".

You can now click on the link for the "Windows Update Catalog" which then displays options in the right pane, including "Find updates for Microsoft Windows Operating systems".

You can then search for the updates available for all operating systems and download them for subsequent installation, by burning to CD or whatever.

This was done using Windows 98SE, but it can also be done using XP though it's a little more complicated getting there!

The actual page is:

h t t p : / /

Steffles 14:10 25 Nov 05

Thanks I'll try that when I get home tonight.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…