Windows 98 Taskbar

merlin2003 16:04 16 Jun 03

im new to all this, and whilst messing about, i have made my taskbar at the bottom of the screen go "fat", its about an inch wide. any way i can reduce it back please? also i would like to change some of the icons, as they are all a blue e on a white sheet of paper- its confusing me!! what do i need to do please? as i say i am new tothis, so nothing to technical please!!

jbaker65 16:17 16 Jun 03

Hi Merlin, like any other box in 'windows' if you put your cursor over the edge of the taskbar, you will see a double headed arrow. Hold down the left click switch and drag the taskbar to the size that you want. release the left click and you're there. best of luck, John.

Agent Smith 16:17 16 Jun 03

bring your cursor down to the task bar and slowly hover over the upper side of the bar until your cursor turns into a double ended arrow. Then hold left mouse button down and crush the bar to correct size.

merlin2003 16:32 16 Jun 03

hi thanks for that, but im afraid it didnt work. it goes to the size i had it originally, but then instantly pops up again!! very annoying........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…