Windows 98 startup disc

Mark-335400 21:55 04 Mar 07

I am having trouble accessing the cd drive to enable a reformat and reinstallation of windows XP, so have decided to go back to old faithfull and use a windows 98 startup disc to FDISK and Format the hard drive. However I cant find my 'old faithfull' floppy disc. Can anyway direct me to somewhere I can download the files to floppy?

Thanks in Advance

woodchip 22:02 04 Mar 07

click here However it will only create a Fat32 Partition, and it's no good for removing a XP NTFS partition. You may make the drive as it cannot be accessed. To clear the Disc you should first use Killdisk click here to clear the drive. then use 98se start disc to create \a Fat32 partition

Mark-335400 22:13 04 Mar 07

Thanks woodchip
Could you please advise on Killdisk as your link doesnt work

Mark-335400 22:13 04 Mar 07

woodchip,,, Apologies your link does work I just dropped my connection ..... sorry

Devil Fish 22:14 04 Mar 07

you can remove ntfs partitions with a 98 boot disk if you are ok with fdisk delete partition then non dos partition

however killdisk linked by woodchip is probably faster and more secure

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…