windows 98 setup problem

kobistone 15:27 03 Jan 04

when I try to install windows98 on my pc by typing setup it says application error
winsetupcaused segment load failure in modle setupx.dll at0001:0059 and also win setup caused a general protection fault in module user.exe at 0001:40b6. then the instalation stops and the screen says standard mode:invalid dpml returen from 06df:01b2. what is actually the problem

woodchip 15:31 03 Jan 04

If you have a Win98 floppy start with it, and at A:\> type FDISK/MBR then restart with floppy and retry loading windows

kobistone 16:54 03 Jan 04

please. it did not work so if you have any other alternative

spikeychris 17:12 03 Jan 04

Translate a couple of these sites click here for a possible answer

kobistone 19:06 03 Jan 04

I am using windows xp and that computer is the server in an internet cafee. the problem is that i have been having some smaLL PROBLEM which alwaya says your computer will be shutdown in some seconds and i need to save my file am working on then it shutsdown and reboot again and also shut down again . what may be the probable cause

kobistone 19:09 03 Jan 04

not solved

woodchip 19:13 03 Jan 04

You could try just put the Win98 disc in and let it run setup in windows. But make sure AntiVirus is disabled It will load Windows over it's self and may correct the problem

VoG II 19:16 03 Jan 04

Does this shutdown message come from NT Authority System?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…