Windows 98 SE & Monitor Drivers

abcdefghijk 19:11 01 Jun 03

I run Windows 98SE. I have purchased a new Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 740 SB monitor. This, of course, does not figure in the list of available Displays held by the O/S, and Windows does not seem able to identify the new model. The screen is flickering, which suggests that the refresh rate is set too low, but I cannot determine what the settings of the current driver are. It may well be that there is a more up-to-date driver for this monitor model, which can be downloaded.

TBH1 19:30 01 Jun 03

was your monitor not supplied with a driver cd/floppy ??

graham√ 19:53 01 Jun 03

Didn't you get drivers with it etc... look in the bottom of the screen, er, box.

DieSse 20:07 01 Jun 03

Don't worry - not all monitors have inf files (they're not really drivers where monitors are concerned, anyway).

From the list of available mnoitors in windows, choose the Acer 15P. This will give you enough settings to be able to set your monitor up correctly. You should have a list of supported resolutions/refresh rates in your monitor manual - just don't attempt to set it outside these values.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…