Windows 98 reinstallation/startup problem

Jaklawson 17:26 09 Apr 05

Hi can anyone help me please. I have installed a new 40GB hard drive to my old PC and installed windows 98 however, when started it, it said it had found new hardware and looked for the driver for it.... I have no idea what these are like PCI but as most of my hardware is the same as was connected to the same "TINY" system. and I have the damaged retore cd which crashed.. I have tried to install as many of the old drivers from it as I could see. (is there a way to install all the old drivers to my system ???)
Also when I boot up I get an error meassage stating it cannot find a particular file (vnetbios.vxd) which aparantly my registry points to. Now I have no idea what that is or where it would be. nervertheless,if I press Enter the PC starts up again and so does Win 98. What is this file and how do I install it??

Jack

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:05 09 Apr 05

The file is needed for your network adapter it can be found at click here

woodchip 20:09 09 Apr 05

If you have Reinstalled Win98 after a Format you need to load Motherboard drivers and Graphics and Sound Drivers etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017