Windows 98 reinstallation/startup problem

Jaklawson 17:26 09 Apr 05

Hi can anyone help me please. I have installed a new 40GB hard drive to my old PC and installed windows 98 however, when started it, it said it had found new hardware and looked for the driver for it.... I have no idea what these are like PCI but as most of my hardware is the same as was connected to the same "TINY" system. and I have the damaged retore cd which crashed.. I have tried to install as many of the old drivers from it as I could see. (is there a way to install all the old drivers to my system ???)
Also when I boot up I get an error meassage stating it cannot find a particular file (vnetbios.vxd) which aparantly my registry points to. Now I have no idea what that is or where it would be. nervertheless,if I press Enter the PC starts up again and so does Win 98. What is this file and how do I install it??

Jack

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:05 09 Apr 05

The file is needed for your network adapter it can be found at click here

woodchip 20:09 09 Apr 05

If you have Reinstalled Win98 after a Format you need to load Motherboard drivers and Graphics and Sound Drivers etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…