Windows 98 reinstallation

Redbus 18:04 22 Nov 03

I am trying to reinstall Windows 98 SE on my Tiny PC but am having problems. I have formatted the C: drive but when I reboot from the Start up disk I get the message: Windows has detected that drive C does not contain a valid FAT or FAT32 partition. There are several possible causes for this - the drive may need to be partitioned therefore run FDISK, you may be using 3rd party disk partitioning software, some viruses cause your C drive not to register. It then says that the diagnostic tools were successfully loaded to drive C. When trying to run setup from the Windows CD I get the message that it cannot create a temporary directory. If you have HPFS or NTFS software installed on your hard drive you will need to create an MS-Dos Partition to set up Windows. HELP - what does all this mean? I have done reinstallations before but never come across this.

pj123 18:12 22 Nov 03

You need to fdisk and partition your hard disk first then format and then install Win98SE. To do that you need a bootdisk not the Tiny Start up disk. You can get bootdisk for any system you want to install from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…