Windows 98 product code

redrow 16:14 22 Jun 04

I purchsed a Tiny computer in 1999 with Windows 98 supplied on a disc. Computer is long gone. I kept the disc and would like to instal Windows 98 on another computer. How do I find the the entry code to enab,e me to do so? John Mckeever

Smegs 16:22 22 Jun 04

I don't think you will be able too. It is normally on the CD case or on the outside of the book that comes with 98.

ventanas 16:33 22 Jun 04

You can try contacting Microsoft on 0870 6010100

Any Win98 code will probably work, so they may give you one, providing the disc is not OEM, in which case the licence died with the computer, or should have been transferred with it if that is the case. No harm in trying.

LillyValley 16:42 22 Jun 04

It's usually at the back of the disc case,in yellow, or in the front (or at the back) of the accompanying small booklet.

Last but not least, call Microsoft and request a 'system builder key' or equivalent for the disc that came with your Tiny computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…