Windows 98 printing problems

paul_allard 09:35 07 Jan 03
  paul_allard 09:35 07 Jan 03

I have been running Windows 98 and my Sharp JX-9200 laser printer and , all of a sudden, I cannot get anything to print. Windows / Word does not recognise that I have a printer attached and I get the following error message :

Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup. Try one of the following :
Check the printer by printing a test page from Windows
Make sure that the printer is turned on and online
Reinstall the printer

Now part of the problem is that Windows 98 does not seem to know that my printer exists : it's not listed in the available printers from Sharp in Windows but I have been operating this printer before in Windows 98. when I check what driver is installed, Windows 98 is using Absolutely Bogus WPS Printer Dr and won't let me change anything giving me the error message :
The following error occurred while trying to save your changes. Printer driver is unknown.

I do not know what I have done to affect this change in fortune and System Restore has made no change nor has relaoding the Sharp driver or Windows 98. Any ideas ?

1st RHA 09:41 07 Jan 03

see if there is an exclamation mark and use micosoft to update driver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…