Windows 98 Network Issue

HighTower 13:06 19 Jun 03

Hi folks,

I have been working on a Network comprising of a Novell server (running netware 3.12) and 8 computers all running Windows 98.

I have replaced one of the hard drives on one of the computers and have one problem: after re-installation it now cannot see or be seen by the other computers on the network. It can connect and log on to the Novell server so I know that the network card isn't faulty. I need it to be accessable as it has a printer connected which is shared with two other computers.

The Workgroup is set correctly and is the same for all computers, it also has a set I.P address of (all computers have a last digit of 1-8 for their I.P. address). I have file and printer sharing enabled on the machine aswell.

Have I missed something really obvious? If anyone has any ideas then I would appreciate your comments. I am not back at the site until the weekend but will post back with the outcome.

scotty 13:28 19 Jun 03

You need to have at least one folder on the computer shared. This can be an empty folder if you do not want other network users access to data on the computer.

HighTower 13:41 19 Jun 03

Thank you very much. I'll try that out on my next visit. I'm not worried about privacy so assume that if I share the whole hard disk then by some miracle the computer will appear in Network Neighbourhood?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…