windows 98 key

john1000 18:38 26 Nov 03

i have a laptop running xp,and i have a computer with no operating system i want to put windows 98 on to this i have the cd but have lost the serial key is there any way of getting the key off the disc many thanks

Diodorus Siculus 18:41 26 Nov 03

No - not possible I am sorry to say. You have to enter the serial number when installing from the CD.

A_World_Maker 18:43 26 Nov 03

The serial key.. is part of the hologram label on the manual.

Wobby 18:44 26 Nov 03

The CD's are all generic/identical. The CD key would have possibly been on a sticker attached to the CD case or printed on a Microsoft OEM piece of card. Sorry :0(

john1000 18:47 26 Nov 03

thanks anyway how much will it cost for 98 disk

jonnytub 18:49 26 Nov 03

click on the envelope next to my name and send me an email, you can have it for nowt, no requirements for it now.

dfghjkl 18:50 26 Nov 03

if i could help i would but if you post a thread on here for info about loading one os onto another pc as i think you are trying to do (laptop to pc with no os)you will get all sorts of complaints about being a thief or a rapist (the best yet,or is that worse)so to save being told off and thought of as a criminal i would advise a rethink of your question.

jonnytub 18:50 26 Nov 03

a world maker could you take a lokk at my thread on internet over ethernet if you get a minute please ?

Gongoozler 18:52 26 Nov 03

Windows 98se was recently being sold for about £70, but it's getting difficult to find now. You may find it, or a license for it (which will have the number on it) at a computer fair.

Ex Cossack 18:52 26 Nov 03

You can get a full version of Win98SE with licence for £70 from here click here

Djohn 18:53 26 Nov 03

Very generous of you to make this offer to "john1000" Well done, this is an excellent forum! :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…