windows 98 installation

cosaque 18:50 31 Jan 05

What are the steps needed to format my hard drive and reinstall Windows 98SE? Do I need a floppy start-up disk or will the Windows CD Rom start automatically? I have saved all files on the disc to CD except the Windows files themselves

VoG II 18:51 31 Jan 05
  mattyc_92 18:56 31 Jan 05

Yes you need a "start-up disk" so that you can format your system and so that the system can find your cd drive....

Also you will need to do the following...

You will get 3 options when it starts booting from the floppy disk... Select the "Start with CD-ROM support"

Now when it loads everything up, you need to type in the following to format the drive and start the setup....

format c: [enter]

y [enter]

setup.exe [enter] [enter]

********[enter] means press enter on your keboard**********

When you have typed in the two commands I have posted, you will then see a "scan-disk" beginning to "scan" your system... When it has done this, just exit it and that will start the setup...

mattyc_92 18:59 31 Jan 05

click here to download a win98 startup disk.. You will be required to insert one 1.44mb formatted floppy disk into the drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…