Windows 98 Help Fonts

mike55 17:01 08 Jun 03

My Windows help file has changed the topic font to something very small and unreadable. The index file is ok. Can anyone tell me how to change the font either back to the original or to one more readable.

Pesala 17:50 08 Jun 03

In the Help index, search for: "Font size, changing and follow the instructions to change from small fonts to large fonts. That makes quite a big difference to the topic font size.

Otherwise, right-click on Desktop. Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, Large Fonts.

Wak 19:53 08 Jun 03

Hi Mike, the size of the fonts used when printing files from Outlook Express or when reading the Help files is governed by the size of the fonts stipulated in Internet Explorer.
To change them, go in to Internet Explorer/ View/ Text size and change to medium or larger to suit yourself.
If the Help files are unreadable then the font size in IE has most likely been set to SMALL.
Changing the font size in Outlook express only affects the size when reading OE and not when printing files from OE.

Pesala 21:24 08 Jun 03

As you can see the advice in Windows Help is not very comprehensive. As Wak says, you can change the font size in Internet Explorer, which may be more convenient. I tried this first, but forgot that you have to restart Windows Help for it to take effect. The large font option also works, but you have to restart Windows for it to take effect. The former option is more convenient.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…