Windows 98 growing up due to Hewl-Pack.all in one

checho 17:27 29 May 03

After formatting the hard drive this week and installinh Windows 98 (185 MB) I installed Photoshop and a new Hewl-Pack all in one (a new one sold for £99.99).Apart from being very slow the software takes 370 MB. After workinf for nearly 3 days Windows has grown to 2,8 Gb. There is a "TEMP" file taking 2,4 Gb. 50% of this files are this type: DF13f8.tmp ; DF6e91.tmp; DF8cbb.tmp and the other 50% are HPG52B3; HPOBLK000.log ; HPISCN000 etc. Anyone has an idea what is going on ? How to stop this and get back most of that space ? Thanks

Despicable Desperado 23:38 29 May 03

Think you mean it is a temp directory - ie resides in c:\windows\ folder. If so delete what is in the temp directory. There should be nothing in this directory as it means what it says. It is probably being used by your HP all in one to store your scans and copies hence the huge increase.

woodchip 00:42 30 May 03

When you scan it's probably creating temp files but not removing them after you have finished working with the scanner. you can safely delete temp files

checho 14:23 31 May 03

Thanks. This is my first printer/scanner and I was worried. I have been printing from the scan and c.d. containing the photo files but the quality is so poor compared to the originals. Even using photoshop and going to advanced properties that allows to print at 4.800 dpi the results are bad but that woud be another subject.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…