Windows 98 Explorer

Berater 13:59 24 Jan 04

Does anyone know how to avoid Windows Explorer showing multiple CD ROM drives there is only one drive? Microsoft KB recommends re-installing the single drive software. This made no difference. Would appreciate any advice.

BJ

gold 47 14:05 24 Jan 04

What is window explorer?? or do you mean IE?
Where is this info getting shown?

gold 47 14:05 24 Jan 04

gold 47 14:06 24 Jan 04

gold 47 14:07 24 Jan 04

Sorry the page had a mind of it's own.

VoG II 14:15 24 Jan 04

Presumably you tried click here

What about click here and click here

Noels 14:19 24 Jan 04

Berater I've never done it and I don't want to risk trying but instead of windows explorer have you tried going into Control panel / System / General then highlight the drive you want to remove then. Delete / Remove ? May be worth having a look. Regards Noels

Berater 15:30 24 Jan 04

Thanks Gold 47

OK: Start, Programs [sometimes Accessories], Windows Explorer [\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.SCF for Explorer.exe]. Displays directories and drives. After I copy a [data] file to or from a CD, Windows shows an additional CD ROM drive.

Berater 15:33 24 Jan 04

Thanks VoG. Yep. Says re-instal software [Nero InCD]. Have done. Can have as many as 7 CD ROM drives - excpet there's only one.

tafoody 15:38 24 Jan 04

you haven't installed a 'virtual CD' type program recently have you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…