windows 98 drivers

leslodgeside 07:00 30 Dec 04

my daughter got a MP3 player for xmas , wwe have windows 98 but this does not seem to have the necessary drivers for the MP3 player. apart from upgrading to windows xp has anyone any suggestions?

Valvegrid 07:04 30 Dec 04

Did you get a CD disk? That should have the drivers on it. What is the make of the MP3 player?

leslodgeside 07:16 30 Dec 04

I did get a cd with the machine but nothing seems to happen when we insert the cd. The Mp player is from hong kong not sure what make it is. The player does work as we have tried it on a friends machine who has windows xp.

Valvegrid 08:12 30 Dec 04

You'll probably find Windows XP will find and load the drivers automatically, but Windows 98 you have to install them, this is normal.

If the CD doesn't autostart you'll probably have to manually start the setup. If you insert the CD then double click My computer, then double click on the CD ROM drive, what you are looking for is a file called setup or setup.exe, if you double click on it this it should start the setup sequence, just follow the on-screen instructions.

leslodgeside 10:36 30 Dec 04

Thanks-- I have tried that and all I am getting is D:\ - does not exist.

octal 11:06 30 Dec 04

Is there something wrong with your CD drive? Try another CD disk and see if you can read it.

You say its from Hong Kong, it sounds like it may have been bought from Dixons or one of the other large stores. If you know which store it maybe possible for the maker to be traced, if this can be done someone might be able to point you to their web site were they may have the drivers available for download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…