windows 98 dialogue box size

epic 13:38 04 May 04

Can anyone tell how to resize the dialogue boxs in '98. Mine have all become too big i.e. they are full screen with the important bits (OK, apply etc) off the bottom of the screen. I can only reduce from the top which does not bring the bottom back in screen. This happened after I had to do a thorough scandisk to correct some bad sectors.

Epic

daxian 14:48 04 May 04

hi epic .....
it sounds like your monitor resolution has been changed ,goto display properties ,and make sure the settings are correct ....if its a 17 inch the minimum should be 800x600,if its a 15 inch 800x600 should be max ,you will probably find its set at 640x480 alter this setting and apply and your boxes will be right

Sethhaniel 14:57 04 May 04

Minimize (-) Maximize (1 window)Restore down (2 windows) and Close (X) in the top right hand corner ??
Make sure the single window (centre button -is on MAXIMISE)then with mouse at edge of screen pull in to the size you are comfortable with - and it will remember that setting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…