Windows 98 "bulk" updates

Digital 15:57 27 Apr 03

With the impending closure of off-line support for W98/98SE (end June '03), if my HDD crashes I will not be able to restore the updates from Microsoft after reloading Windows. I believe there's a link to Microsoft to enable you to download all the updates in one go so you can burn them to a CD for future use. Does anyone know the link, 'cos I can't find it on the MS site?

Zak 16:36 27 Apr 03

For the main corporate patches :
click here

But better for you is via the Windows Update:

click here

Here you need to select the Windows Update Catalogue and you will be able to save all the patches as required.

LastChip 16:38 27 Apr 03

But in the meantime click here for all the up-dates for Win 98 that you can download individually.

This page links to an administrators section, that allows you to store the files, rather than automatically installing them.

But I am afraid, it's a long winded process to download them all.

Zak 16:44 27 Apr 03

Have a look at this earlier thread:

click here

Especially IZZY's post Sun, 22.12.02 | 15:31

Digital 17:02 27 Apr 03

Thanks everybody. I could't find the earlier responses, probably didn't put the right words in the Search boxes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…