Windows 98 boot problem

graham√ 22:07 11 Jul 03

This I copied from a local forum, any help will be passed on

I have just been talking to a friend of mine who is having problems with her computer. We're both a bit thick when it comes to technology so if I don't understand any advice I'm given, you'll know why!

My friend can't get her computer to boot up. She says that it displays a message saying "locating boot disk" for about an hour then goes off which is odd. She thinks she may have got a computer virus that has messed things up but since she has no internet and doesnt pass around floppies I dont think this could be it.

She asked me if she could borrow my Restore disks (as she hasn't got any for some strange reason) but I don't know whether this would work as her computer is Windows 98 and mine's ME.

Short of calling in a repair guy, what can she do?

VoG II 22:10 11 Jul 03

Sorry but her hard drive has gone to wherever hard drives go when they are dead. Open the case and check out the cables but I don't hold out much hope. Sorry again.

graham√ 22:18 11 Jul 03

Thanks, I'll pass on the bad news.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…