Windows 98

amyjen7 12:38 24 Apr 09

Hi my wife has a very old PC which has Microsoft 98. She has some very important files she would like to put on my PC in Lotus Word Pro 97 & Ms Works 95 4.0 Is their a simple solution to this dilemma. My PC has Vista Home premium,Microsoft Works 07,floppy and disk drives plus the usual USB's & Firewire Connectors. Thank you

Kind regards

wiz-king 12:46 24 Apr 09

Save the LWP files as .txt (text) files or a .rtxt (rich text)onto a floppy and you will be able to put them on the new compuer. You will/may loose the formating. then you can 'save as' a Word doc and put any formatting in. The Works files should just copy over.

john bunyan 13:35 24 Apr 09

I have installed Lotus Smartsuite on my XP computer as I am used to it, so you could install it on your PC. wiz-king's suggestion covers it otherwise. I save lotus wordpro as .rtf if sending to others, and 123 files can be saved in MS format from within Lotus. My wife also has a laptop on W98SE.I can get about 200 letters in wordpro onto a 3.5" floppy disc.

wiz-king 13:47 24 Apr 09

I also have the Lotus Smart Suite 97 on my XP computer, I just assumed you no longer had the disk. Mine was free with a well known magazine (Windows Quick and Easy Issue 1) and also includes Netscape Online, InoculateIT, QuickView 4.5 and Paintshop Pro V.6. All for Win 95 or 98.

Simsy 20:49 24 Apr 09

concerned need to be edited, or is it just to have them as archived, readable files on your new PC?
If the latter then perhaps the solution is to "print" them to pdf files, using a free pdf creator on the old PC, and then copy the .pdf files to the new one via a CD, DVD or flashdrive.

With apologies if this doesn't help!

Regards,

Simsy

MAJ 20:52 24 Apr 09

Lotus Smartsuite 97 also works well on Vista Home Premium, I have it installed on mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…