Windows 98

Sebastian Ereira 13:30 23 Apr 07

Does anyone know where to get a cheap copy of windows 98

MAJ 13:32 23 Apr 07

Any computer fair.

Jack Hackett 13:37 23 Apr 07

I was on the uk.adverts.computer usenet newsgroup earlier, there's a guy on there got a few with installation CD, COA and booklet (OEM) for £6
he puts his email as:
goldmercury0 "at" hotmail "dot" com

MAJ 13:38 23 Apr 07

Also Ebay. click here

RussWoo 13:53 23 Apr 07

Hi - I have set you can have, complete with manual - I don't need it anymore but it was registered to me and all that so could there be something iffy about someone else putting it on their machine?

Bixbox

Sebastian Ereira 17:18 23 Apr 07

Dear All,

Just to say i have a licence key from my old windows 98 computer which i have up upgraded to xp. I just want to use it for a virtual pc so i can can run some software that i need

Thanks

Sebastian Ereira

skidzy 17:23 23 Apr 07

Thats an extremely good price for oem 98.Never have i seen the price that low.

MAJ 17:23 23 Apr 07

You're safe enough with any Win98SE disk, then, Sebastian Ereira. Windows 98SE doesn't need to be 'activated' in the way that XP does. The fact that it might be 'registered' to someone else matters little also as support for 98SE has been withdrawn.

Pineman100 17:30 23 Apr 07

If MS have withdrawn support for a version of Windows, does that mean that the licence restrictions no longer apply?

Stuartli 18:05 23 Apr 07

You should also consider installing the Unofficial Windows 98SE Service Pack (a labour of love by the author). See:

click here

It will bring it right up to date until MS ended service support.

Sebastian Ereira 18:26 23 Apr 07

what is an oem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…