windows 95 on XP computer!!!!!!!Yes!!!!!!!

Squirrel1 21:00 02 Aug 07

Can you run Windows 95 on a computer running XP???

Yes you can actualy!!!!

1)Download and install Microsoft Virtual PC2007
2)Make Windows 98 Boot Disk
3)Start Virtual PC2007 and make new virtual machine called Windows 95
4)With Windows 98 Boot Disk in drive A:, Reset virtual machine Windows 95
5)Partion Virtual drive c:
6)Format Virtual dirve c:
7)Place Windows 95 setup disk into CD drive, select drive r: and run setup
8)Windows 95 will now install onto virtual machine. Follow the instructions as per Windows 95 setup.
9)In virtual PC menu select full screen and restart Windows 95 and Volia...Al a Windows 95 on XP machine....

E&OE>>>>>

skidzy 21:54 02 Aug 07

Might be good for some Squirrel,but why would someone want 95 on an xp machine i dont know.

mammak 22:03 02 Aug 07

Got to agree with skidzy :-) why would you want to run Win 95? I mean it is not even USB compatible!

but hey good for you I hope you have many years of really exciting computing from your achievements :-(

skidzy 22:53 02 Aug 07

fair point :-)

Squirrel1 15:01 04 Aug 07

If Windows 95 on XP machine seems a pointless exercise, then how about Windows 3.1 on a Windows Vista Machine. No....hang-on, that would be an improvement that might prove useful!!!

The reason I am running Win 95 on an XP machine is because, some of the hardware I work with can only be programed by applications running under Win 95, and, howmany 'new' Win 95 machines are there out there???

Fasinating things these computer things!

X™ 15:09 04 Aug 07

Why not use Win98? It's everything 95 compatible.

bremner 15:15 04 Aug 07

I am on an iMac. I have Parallels installed and VM's of W98, XP, Vista and Fedora.

The Vista and XP can run in "Coherence" mode which basically allows them to run seemlessly with OS X. I can exchange files between them and I can have a graphics prigram running in OS X and click to a game running in XP.

This knocks spots off of any other Virtual Machine software I have used. The only downside currently is Parallels poor support for 3D games - although this will soon be remedied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…