Windows 95 updates - downloaded and saved to disk?

Never again 15:42 22 Jan 03
  Never again 15:42 22 Jan 03

I have recently had my original pc returned to me which is a 486/66 with 24 meg RAM. I thought that I might perform some windows updates as it has never been conncected to the web on its old 2400 speed modem but its taking ages just to load a page. Can I connect using my more modern pc, save the updates to disk and then run them, and if I can how will I know what ones to run as the old pc will not be the one connecting to windows update? I is currently running IE version 3 and I would also like to update this as well. Any suggestions please?

woodchip 16:18 22 Jan 03

I do not think you will now be able to get the updates for 95

woodchip 16:20 22 Jan 03

I hope this works for you click here

woodchip 16:23 22 Jan 03

It did download on you new comp save to a folder you can remember then copy to a CDR and run the on your old 95

Stuartli 16:39 22 Jan 03

Why not just save them to the Desktop, copy the file using Nero (or whatever you use) to a CD-R and then install them?

Then you can delete the downloaded Desktop file after checking the CD-R burning is OK.

Never again 18:11 22 Jan 03

Thanks for the advice. Some of the updates I have viewed seem to install automatically on the pc that downloads them - obviously not for me. I'll keep you informed from tomorrow. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…