!!!!!!!WINDOWS 95 PROBLEM!!!!!!!

nazrat 20:41 06 Jul 03

when ever i start up my computer with windows 95 it comes up with invalid system disk insert disk and press any key when i put the startup disk in it loads to MS-DOS but does not do anything i tried in safe-mode and every thing but still comes up with the invalid system disk error

Andybear 20:43 06 Jul 03

By system disk do you mean a floppy disk or a CD? If it's a CD, you might have left a floppy disk in the floppy drive by mistake. I did that the other day and got the same message.

Forum Editor 20:45 06 Jul 03

has failed - or a cable connection has worked loose.

How old is the drive?

Have you opened the case to check that all is well connection wise?

woodchip 20:45 06 Jul 03

Start with startup disk at a:\> type scanreg/restore and press enter then choose an old date when you comp ran ok

woodchip 20:50 06 Jul 03

Or MBR corrupt, boot virus etc.

nazrat 20:52 06 Jul 03

it was working before the weekendbut i was not there for the rest of the weekend then i came back and it was not working it is a floppy disk not cd and i have no cd in drive

woodchip 20:59 06 Jul 03

Remove all disc's and see if it starts

wee eddie 21:04 06 Jul 03

Check all the drives are clear. Close down. Start again continually pressing F5 or F8.

It may be that the Floppy drive is faulty and thinks that there is a disk in it.

10 21:35 06 Jul 03

It may be that the Floppy drive is faulty and thinks that there is a disk in it.

or a faulty cable

DieSse 23:47 06 Jul 03

Don't worry about the floppy drive, there's almost certainly nothing wrong with it.

The almost certain culprit is your hard drive. If it was working fine when you switched it off, then follow the advice from the Forum Editor first, to check all the connections to it.

Of all looks OK, then boot up with your floppy disk, and try to talk to the Hrad disk from the command prompt.

At the A:> prompt type

dir c:

If you get a list of files then your hard disk is working, but your windows nstallation is corrupted

If you get an error message about the C drive being not ready, or not available, or similar, then almost certainly your hard drive has gone to the great hard drive graveyard in the sky.

Let us know, in case you need further advice.

nazrat 19:29 07 Jul 03

i reinstalled windows i tried your help but i thought the easiest way was to reinstall it and now is working fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…