Windows 95 boot disk

Steppenwolf 14:20 08 Oct 03

I've recently had to reinstall Windows 95 on an old machine due to a virus problem. Problem is, the CDROM drive got changed since I created a boot disk and when I boot up it looks for the old CDROM and doesn't find the new one (Yamaha). I'm trying Yamaha support but getting nowhere. Anyone got any ideas how I can modify the boot disk to detect the new CDROM and load up Windows again?

graham√ 14:23 08 Oct 03

Des it boot to A:\ prompt?

graham√ 14:24 08 Oct 03

Are you there, Des?

Does

graham√ 14:41 08 Oct 03

I'll carry on if you're on dial-up.

Boot disks often assign a different drive letter to the CD-ROM, to avoid a conflict with additional hard drives etc.

If you get to the A:\ prompt, try R:, if it changes to R:\ put the 95 disc in and type 'setup' and enter.

woodchip 15:21 08 Oct 03

Use a win98 boot disc click here after downloading the file put a clean floppy in the drive then double click the downloaded file to create a boot disc then start with it

pepe 17:19 08 Oct 03

For a really simple bootdisk try this click here it loads mouse drivers and CD drivers and simplifies the whole operation.

smegs 18:09 08 Oct 03
  anchor 08:37 09 Oct 03

The Windows 98 and 98SE start up disc will work and recognise most, (but not quite all,) CD roms.

This can be downloaded from the links given by woodchip and smegs.

Remember, that after boot with this disc the letter of your CD drive will be moved up by one; i.e. if it is normally D:, then it will become E:

graham√ 14:26 09 Oct 03

Or R:

Steppenwolf 14:33 09 Oct 03

Thanks guys, I will try the various boot disk options tonight and see if that fixes the issue..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…