Windows 95

graham12 12:21 01 May 05

A friend of my daughters has a computer running window's 95 but her younger sister has somehow managed to delete window's 95 is there anyway that she can get this back, and she does not have the recovery disc

Belatucadrus 12:43 01 May 05

Without the disk you've got a problem as W95 is rather lacking in recovery fuctions. What is showing on the screen ? If the DOS screen is up you could try running scandisk and chkdsk.
click here for DOS info.

Completealias 13:59 01 May 05

I think I have a copy of win95 still kicking about if I can find the license 4 it your more than welcome to it as I have no use for it now, just send me a email with your details and i'll pop it in the post as I'm preety sure I know where the licence is for it i'll dig it out later

Gaz W 14:45 01 May 05

Are you sure it's been "deleted" and it's not just a system file that's missing? What error message(s) come up on screen when it boots, if any?

graham12 16:49 01 May 05

all that I no about this problem is that my daughters friends sister deleted windows95 and when she starts up all that she gets up is a black screen with writing{can't remember what you call it} could it be in safe mode. I haven't seen the computer myself its only what she has told me

VoG II 16:54 01 May 05

Do you mean a DOS screen - white writing on a black background and a prompt like

C:\>

If so try typing

win

and pressing the Enter key.

graham12 20:05 01 May 05

will get her to try that but it will not be until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest will let you no what happens next

woodchip 20:12 01 May 05

You will not do anything without Win95 disc. This should be loaded over the top of the version that is already on the hard drive

Completealias 14:59 18 May 05

Hi there was just wondering if that disk I sent turned up ok?

graham12 02:12 19 May 05

sorry not to have got back sooner but have had a few hectic days at work

Yes thankyou very much Completealias did receive it ok and have past it on to my daughters friend and when I have time will try and help her install it as at present she is having some difficulties

Many thanks for your help which might be needed again

Completealias 12:42 19 May 05

No problems just with royal mail the way it is down here thought i'd check that you recieved it ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…