Windows 8 Unstable tiles move to right

Newuser3477 11 Nov 13

After a visit by grandchildren! the tiles on my start screen move automatically to the right hand side. If I navigate them back they immediate flick back, not giving enough time to click on an individual tile and open a programme. I have tried system restore to predate the visit. I have re installed avast anti virus and scanned without success. Also if I go to add remove progammes the list shoots to the bottom and cant be held in the alphabetical position. What has happened what can I do to resolve problem

nickf 11 Nov 13

Just spent 3hrs trawling the interweb to solve a similar problem . First I would recommend dumping avast , it seems Av programs can cause all sorts of problems with live tiles . Also check see if the tiles behave the same for a different user , if not try changing yours to a local account .

Newuser3477 14 Nov 13

By chance problem solved. I stopped using my mouse and the error has gone away. A new mouse solved the problem. Thanks

nickf 14 Nov 13

Thanks for the info , I will watch out for that . Seems that this 8.1 update is somewhat unstable ! There are countless forums reporting all kinds of problems , most seem to be linked to incomparable software

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message