windows 8 and serif draw plus7

gfergie 16:02 PM 10 Dec 12

Just installed Serif DrawPlus 7 on Windows8. It seems to work OK but when I start the programme it pops up a notice saying "Failed to update the system registry. Try using REGEDIT. What should I do? I am 78 years old and it does not mean anything to me.

Secret-Squirrel 16:39 PM 10 Dec 12

".... but when I start the programme...."

I've got an idea for you, but first, how are you launching the program? Is it via a conventional icon on the traditional Desktop, or one of the coloured tiles in the new-look start screen?

gfergie 16:47 PM 10 Dec 12

Hi I am launching it on one of the new tiles on the start screen.

Secret-Squirrel 16:54 PM 10 Dec 12

OK, instead of starting the program by a left-click on the tile, right-click on it and a bar of options should appear at the bottom. Left-click once on Run as Administrator and answer "yes" if prompted by a security warning. Does the program start OK without that pesky error message you've been getting?

chub_tor 17:00 PM 10 Dec 12

According to this table Click Here Serif DrawPlus 7 is not compatible with either Windows 7 or 8. There are no patches shown on the Serif Website either so it must be pretty old. You could try calling Serif support on (0845) 3456770

Woolwell 17:05 PM 10 Dec 12

Serif DrawPlus 7 is very old (7 years plus?). The suggestion to call Serif is a good one and they have helped me in the past.

Secret-Squirrel 17:05 PM 10 Dec 12

"Serif DrawPlus 7 is not compatible with either Windows 7 or 8"

That table shows the program as "untested" in Windows 7 & 8 which is not the same as "incompatible".

Anyhow, the OP says it works fine and hopefully when I've finished tweaking things it'll work even better.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone