Windows 8 query

Thereferee21 29 Oct 12

I have a laptop that I purchased last December will i gain anything extra from the Windows 8 upgrade over and above Windows 7 which I have now.

Thanks

Ian

Woolwell 29 Oct 12

IMO unless you have a touch screen - no.

onthelimit1 30 Oct 12

I've tried it and see no benefit at all on a PC. Will stick to W7 for that. As mentioned, it does have advantages on a lappy with a touch screen.

northumbria61 30 Oct 12

I fully agree with onthelimit1 comment I've tried it and see no benefit at all on a PC I myself have not tried it for that very reason. It was made for touchscreen computers and really doesn't appear to have any place for a traditional keyboard and mouse. I for one will be sticking to Windows 7

rdave13 30 Oct 12

I updated an old laptop from Vista and I never thought I'd say it but I liked it so much it's now running on the main Desktop PC. If you're running Win 7, like I did, then possibly not worth the hassle of learning a new OS, but that would be up to you.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message