//some 3rd party need geo

Windows 8 query

Thereferee21 20:35 29 Oct 12

I have a laptop that I purchased last December will i gain anything extra from the Windows 8 upgrade over and above Windows 7 which I have now.

Thanks

Ian

Woolwell 20:45 29 Oct 12

IMO unless you have a touch screen - no.

onthelimit1 08:49 30 Oct 12

I've tried it and see no benefit at all on a PC. Will stick to W7 for that. As mentioned, it does have advantages on a lappy with a touch screen.

northumbria61 14:49 30 Oct 12

I fully agree with onthelimit1 comment I've tried it and see no benefit at all on a PC I myself have not tried it for that very reason. It was made for touchscreen computers and really doesn't appear to have any place for a traditional keyboard and mouse. I for one will be sticking to Windows 7

rdave13 16:19 30 Oct 12

I updated an old laptop from Vista and I never thought I'd say it but I liked it so much it's now running on the main Desktop PC. If you're running Win 7, like I did, then possibly not worth the hassle of learning a new OS, but that would be up to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…