Windows 8 problem

Sure heat 18:13 29 Dec 14

Hi everyone I have a problem with my pc which has windows 8.1 installed, basically windows will not open it is going straight to the diagnostic page, this has happened after updating windows, I know all I have to do go to the restore page however I have no administrator account on the pc so it will not let me open any recovery tools, is there anyway around this problem as I can't find one and am at a bit of a dead end, any help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Gareth

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:51 29 Dec 14

use Windows+S keyboard shortcut and enter in the search box the text cmd

Click the "Command Prompt" via right mouse click and select "Run as administrator"

Then simply type the command: net user Administrator /active:yes and confirm it by pressing Enter

now you have an administrator account

Sure heat 20:01 29 Dec 14

Hi thanks for the quick response it sounds like a good answer, only question I got is when and where do I press the windows plus s key, I have used the windows plus x key in past to gain access to windows menu, however I can only access this from being logged into windows like I said it won't start and it just goes straight to the automatic repair screen, is thee anyway into this via the bios menu maybe, Thanks for help and in advance of further help

Gareth

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:21 29 Dec 14

Please click on the gren tick as this problem is not yet fixed

Are you at the recovery options page? if not try using the power button to restart the computer three times, it should then take you to that page.

Sure heat 20:31 29 Dec 14

Hi yes i can get into the recovery options but can't so anything as the is no administrator on my pc , is there any way around this, soon as I try any recovery it comes up saying no administrator on pc so unable to enter , what do you think fruit bat ? Cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:07 29 Dec 14

I think you are going to have to recover from a DVD or USB if you have one?

if not you can create recovery medis from click here

Sure heat 21:47 29 Dec 14

Hi thanks for that I was kinda thinking it was going to go that way, only thing is the files I have got will they be lost, is it worth sticking the hard drive in a caddy and sticking them on my external hard drive to protect, thanks for all advice fruitbat

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:19 29 Dec 14

yes I would back up first just to be sure

but a restore should leave the ok.

Sure heat 23:10 29 Dec 14

Thanks fruit bat will let you know how I get on cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant