Windows 8 message 'failure configuring Windows features, reverting changes' stuck!

MichaelMuschamp 17:43 24 May 14

Took delivery of a new Asus laptop this morning, plugged it in and followed all the guides, including downloading updates, then had to do a restart to configure the changes. It sat there saying it was configuring for over an hour, then changed it blue screen wording to: 'Failure configuring Windows features. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer' I have now been staring at that message for over 90 minutes - I am getting a bit bored, anyone got any ideas? Should I thrown the thing in the bin, pack it in its box and send it back, or wait? If the latter, how much longer should I give it?

Woolwell 18:19 24 May 14

Wait.

onthelimit1 20:21 24 May 14

I had exactly the same thing a couple os days ago, which seemed at the time to have been caused by a usb mouse. However, there are some other avenues to try in the thread here

onthelimit1 20:23 24 May 14

P.S. I gave up with the 'failure' screen, and went for a reset of the operating system (4 times). One of the good things in W8!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced