Windows 8 - get access ftp server

Illsense 09:00 AM 22 Apr 13

I am working remotely & unable to access my company's 'ftp server'. The 'box' stated "NO SUCH INTERFACE SUPPORTED'. Please advise how to solve. I have just bought a new Acer laptop & it'll be a complete waste if I can't use for work.

onthelimit1 09:13 AM 22 Apr 13

Don't know the answer, but suggest you change your user name before you get bombarded with SPAM.

mgmcc 11:01 AM 22 Apr 13

The 'box' stated "NO SUCH INTERFACE SUPPORTED'

Which "box"?

You can normally access an FTP server directly from Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) by typing into the address bar using the format:

ftp://username:[email protected]

Files can then be dragged/dropped or copied/pasted between the server and the local computer.

Illsense 03:06 AM 23 Apr 13

It was access via Windows Explorer.. using the format as mentioned by you above ftp://[email protected]/file/file/file.... * file = name of folder files. Then it showed..result as = 'No such interface supported'. Can anyone help?

mgmcc 08:29 AM 23 Apr 13

Can you not access the FTP server with ftp://[email protected] which then prompts for the Password? Once into the root folder, you should be able to navigate to the sub-folders and individual files.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone