Windows 8 - get access ftp server

Illsense 09:00 AM 22 Apr 13

I am working remotely & unable to access my company's 'ftp server'. The 'box' stated "NO SUCH INTERFACE SUPPORTED'. Please advise how to solve. I have just bought a new Acer laptop & it'll be a complete waste if I can't use for work.

onthelimit1 09:13 AM 22 Apr 13

Don't know the answer, but suggest you change your user name before you get bombarded with SPAM.

mgmcc 11:01 AM 22 Apr 13

Which "box"?

You can normally access an FTP server directly from Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) by typing into the address bar using the format:

ftp://username:[email protected]

Files can then be dragged/dropped or copied/pasted between the server and the local computer.

Illsense 03:06 AM 23 Apr 13

It was access via Windows Explorer.. using the format as mentioned by you above ftp://[email protected]/file/file/file.... * file = name of folder files. Then it showed..result as = 'No such interface supported'. Can anyone help?

mgmcc 08:29 AM 23 Apr 13

Can you not access the FTP server with ftp://[email protected] which then prompts for the Password? Once into the root folder, you should be able to navigate to the sub-folders and individual files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…