Windows 8 / 8.1 CONSTANT BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH.

bak2000 14:33 12 Jan 14

Just over a week ago, my new computer has arrived and the first thing I did was installing Windows 8. I installed some drivers and games but when downloading things, installing things or playing a game, my computer is getting the blue screen of death. It doesn't happen all the time but once, my computer received the Blue Screen of Death 5-6 times within 5 hours of turning it on. I usually get a different error message when this happens but I get SYSTEM-SERVICE-EXCEPTION and KMODE-EXCEPTION-NOT-HANDLED quite often.

I thought that maybe my Windows installation is corrupted or infected so yesterday I decided to install Windows 8.1 and the same thing is happening. I think I have updated most if not all drivers but the problem persists and I cannot find any solutions.

This is the PC I bought: click here help.

Please

rdave13 15:04 12 Jan 14

Go to device manager (right click the start icon bottom left)and select 'view' then 'show hidden devices'. Any yellow warning signs? If so right click, select update driver software, select 'search automatically...'. Did you get the motherboard drivers with the PC? You should install them.

bak2000 15:45 12 Jan 14

I did go to device manager and looked at hidden devices but there were no yellow warning signs. Also, I have installed all drivers that came with the PC. Still getting the BSOD.

rdave13 15:59 12 Jan 14

Check your GPU drivers, here, it can automatically detect which drivers you need.

bak2000 16:08 12 Jan 14

I tried using the automatic detecting software from AMD and it said unable to find your product or OS. Then I tried selecting the drivers manually and it didn't find any ( click here )

rdave13 16:19 12 Jan 14

Not familiar with AMD but Catalyst software suit seem to include the latest driver? Display Driver ver. 13.251

bak2000 16:53 12 Jan 14

I have installed the latest AMD Catalyst thing, I will post again when I get the BSOD again

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:57 12 Jan 14

SOunds like you are on the right track - some info here

bak2000 17:23 12 Jan 14

Ok, I was copying some files and I was greeted with the Blue Screen of Death again with SYSTEMSERVICEEXCEPTION. I noticed that I usually get the Blue Screen of Death when installing things or copying files. Maybe it has something to do with the hard drive?

bak2000 17:24 12 Jan 14

The top post was meant to say SYSTEM _ SERVICE _ EXCEPTION

bak2000 17:24 12 Jan 14

The top post was meant to say SYSTEM _ SERVICE _ EXCEPTION

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now