Windows 7 / You Tube

Jolan 15:11 23 Feb 10

Hi! I run Windows 7 64-bit using IE as browser. Tried to view You Tube video "Mona to Parys" (or ANY video on YouTube). Error message "Hello, either you have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player".
Downloaded and installed Flash Player v10. No! Uninstalled v10 and installed earlier version. No! Uninstalled older version and reinstalled latest v10. Installed Java 32-bit (alongsideside Java 64-bit which came with machine). Ensured Active Scripting and Scripting for Java Applets are both enabled. IE 64-bit and IE both listed on program files. Tried both. Uninstalled Norton 2010 and tried again. No! Even deleted browser history. Finally downloaded Firefox and tried again. Same error message. Microsoft will not help, nor will Mesh (my OEM - unless I use an 09... number. Can't afford this).

rawprawn 15:32 23 Feb 10

Have you tried with your AV turned Off, also check in Tools> Manage addins that Flash Player is Enabled.

Jolan 16:43 23 Feb 10

Thank you Rawprawn. Just went Tools>manage addons and saw (under Adobe Systems Incorporated) Shockwave Flash Object "enabled". Only one other Adobe item Adobe PDF link helper "disabled". I enabled this and tried again. No! I then disabled it again and turned off my AV. Tried again. No!. Thanks again

Jolan 16:45 23 Feb 10

PS sorry Rawprawn. There was no sign of Flash Player under add ons, so I presume Shockwave is it?

Jolan 15:08 25 Feb 10

Apologies to Everybody.
Having given up trying to view the videos, I was looking at Microsoft's helpsite when I noticed a 'bar' near the top of the screen saying "this site is trying to run.... (I cannot remember what it said but think it referred to Flash player or maybe Java) click here". I did and got a further drop-down message saying (I think) "allow all websites to use .....". I clicked on this and although nothing seemed to happen - I opened You Tube and, EUREKA!, was able to view the videos. I feel a bit of a fool as this will probably be a simple solution to you guys. I just hadn't seen it before. Again, SORRY for wasting your time. John.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…