Windows 7 from XP help needed please

golfpro 07 Oct 11

I’m contemplating changing from XP to Win 7 on my Samsung nc10 net book. I already run two lap tops with 7 installed, so now I may as well bring in the Net book. The only thing is I would have to do a clean install which would mean losing a lot of my data, that is not a problem as a good clear out would do it good. The only thing is my Windows office 2007 which is a one time one computer install program but as I am only changing the operating system and using the same computer I still have the box with the product No on it could I enter that in after the install and get it back again?

gengiscant 07 Oct 11

Yes, I have carried my Office 2007 from XP to Windows 7 using the original product number with no problems whats so ever.

golfpro 07 Oct 11

gengiscant. Thanks for that.

onthelimit1 07 Oct 11

I'm not sure the netbook will take the full W7 OS - the only ones I've seen have had a very basic, stripped down version installed.

robin_x 07 Oct 11
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message