windows 7 wireless file sharing

450223 05:49 02 Sep 10

Can can anyone please give me a 'step by step' guide to getting file sharing with two laptops both running Window 7 home premium with BT home hub 2.0 wirelessly.
Many thanks,

rawprawn 07:56 02 Sep 10

For the best Step by Step guide, Click on Start> Help & Support> type "File Sharing" in the Search Box and Hit Enter

450223 05:46 03 Sep 10

I have looked at Click on Start> Help & Support> type "File Sharing" I really need help with the BT HUB as well

rawprawn 08:20 03 Sep 10

What is it you want to know

450223 05:22 04 Sep 10

rawprawn
I understand about the security codes needed in Win7 and I have got both the notebooks to accept the same code. Each notebook will see it's self in the workgroup but not each other! I also can't get rid of the padlock displayed when I right click on 'My Documents folder.

northumbria61 14:56 04 Sep 10

The padlock is put there to protect you system - try this - right click on the file, choose properties/security/edit and give yourself full rights to all the files..

northumbria61 15:04 04 Sep 10

Interesting article here regarding padlock" - click here

450223 05:47 05 Sep 10

northumbria61
I have tried your suggestion whether I select an individual file or a folder choose properties security edit, change the settings there. still can't share the file/s

T0SH 11:12 05 Sep 10

With two Windows 7 machines the easiest way may be to set up a Homegroup, in doing this the setup it will create a security code which you will need to copy and use on both machines fot it to work properly "and they claim this as progress" ??

If all else fails download and install Cisco Network Magic free 5 day trial version to both machines and let it set up network sharing, once you are happy that it is working you can choose to uninstall it or maybe to buy the full version

Cheers HC

450223 07:41 06 Sep 10

Many thanks northumbria & TOSH I have to work away for a while now, I will give this a go when i'm back (can't take both notebooks with me)Cheers!

CKHSJ 09:57 06 Sep 10

Sharing folders between two Windows 7 machines with the new HomeGroup feature is an easy process, but the HomeGroup feature is not compatible with Vista or XP. For this tutorial we are using Windows 7 x64 RC1 and XP Professional SP3 connected through a basic Linksys home wireless router.

First make sure both machines are members of the same Workgroup which by default is named Workgroup.

More Information here I give you a URL,it can help you.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant