Windows 7 - unidentified network no net access

gecko1001 21:08 21 Dec 09

Installed windows 7 on a new built pC, all was ok and then I do an update and lose internet access and also access to my router through IE due to the unidentfied network problem, the only way I could solve this was to reintsall windows, I have looked on the net for a better solutiin but this common fault that also dos Vista has not been addressed properly by Microsoft.

Anyone found a decent solution that actually works rather then a reinstall and not updating w7

T0SH 22:22 21 Dec 09

Check your network connection type is Private, if it is set as Public, then connections errors can result in local connection only, where the setting is I cant remember but I think if you redo the connection you will get the option to set the network type

Cheers HC

T0SH 22:35 21 Dec 09

I think the network type should be set as a Home network under the set network location click on your Home Network (your router) in the network and sharing centre screen, you will get a choice of Home, Work or Public network, I find Home seems to work best for me

Cheers HC

gecko1001 23:41 21 Dec 09

Problem is once this problem occurs you cannot change the type of network etc as it seems that most options become defunct.

I do feel Windows 7 has a serious flaw here that also has been around with Vista also, it all seems to be something to do with DHCP and for sure wheer as normally ones IP would be 168.192.0.1 it starts with a 2xx.xx.x.x

User-1229748 23:57 21 Dec 09

have you got your ip address being sorted automatically in your router settings?

User-1229748 23:59 21 Dec 09

sorry just read that you have lost connection to router aswell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…