windows 7 starter

sunnystaines 15:27 PM 06 Jun 11

had a look at comparisons between w7 o/s and the starter does not look too basic.

can i set up a home network between a w7 desktop [ultimate] and a w7 netbook [starter] to access each others files?

anyone found any annyoing drawbacks with w7 starter?

canarieslover 15:32 PM 06 Jun 11

No problem setting up network and I don't miss the Aero look and inability to set your own screen background so I am pretty happy with Win7 Starter on a netbook.

chub_tor 15:44 PM 06 Jun 11

Click Here to see what features are missing from Starter versus Premium and if you can live without them. Personlly I like the Peek, Shake, Snipping Tool, Homegroup capabilities which is why I upgraded from Starter to Premium.

sunnystaines 15:58 PM 06 Jun 11

chub_tor thanks i had checked out this one from a google search, posted in case there was sometrhing it missed.

canarieslover that you for the feedback. just doing some homework looking at a netbook/lappy

Ian in Northampton 17:12 PM 06 Jun 11

One thing I know gets people is one of the more trivial things - I believe you can't change your desktop image with Starter. But sometimes it's the little things...

RussB78 19:07 PM 06 Jun 11

I upgraded mine to full version through amazon, very easy to do and in my opinion well worth it, but have to say the starter edition did work ok, just that I like the the full version best.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites