Windows 7 sounds

Andsome 17:47 02 Nov 09

Several people were VERY helpful regarding my previous Window 7 question, so I am hoping that someone can help with another little niggling problem. I have customised the Exit Windows sound and also the incoming mail sound. I cannot however find an option to edit the start Windows sound, as there is no option shown.

User-1229748 17:57 02 Nov 09

i don't know whether you can change just the start up sound but if you change theme i think you will get different start up sounds.

Andsome 18:03 02 Nov 09

I have imported a sound for exiting Windows and another one for incoming messages, I have saved these as My sound scheme, but cannot see how to change the start up sound, so maybe you can't do it.

User-1229748 19:07 02 Nov 09

i don't know whether i'm just unlucky but all my pc's with xp,vista and now windows 7 have all had that start up sound distorted when doing a cold start :o(

Andsome 07:50 03 Nov 09

Thanks folks, looks like I cannot change the opening sound. Other thasn that, W 7 is growing on me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…