Windows 7 Sound issues with Asus Xonar DS

I've recently had problems on Windows 7 (Professional 64bit) with my Asus Xonar DS sound-card. My default operating system is Fedora 13 x64 and the sound-card works fine there. It's only recently that the sound issue has started happening on Windows. I can hear the sound playing but over the top of that there is a terrible sound of static that is incredibly loud.

I've tried updating and rolling back drivers but it doesn't change anything. The card worked perfectly before but it has started going wrong in the last month or so. I made no changes to the system in order for this to happen - it happened completely randomly (or at least not with me doing anything).

I'm wondering if perhaps this could be a Windows update that caused it to go wrong?

northumbria61 22:48 15 Oct 10

You say you have just recently had this problem. How recent ? If you are able to I would suggest a "System Restore" to a time before this occurred.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…