windows 7 slide show

sputnick 15:58 30 Jan 10

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to delete and rotate picture from Slide show folder option in W7.
I used to do it all the time in W XP using windows picyure and fax viewer.
It is a lot easier to delete as you view without going back to the folder each time.
If I press delete it just goes back to the folder.

mimosa418 16:42 30 Jan 10

If the slide show is running there are no contls available in Win7 other than those fron a right click.
However you can rotate and delete from the Windows Picture Viewer from which you start the slide show.

mimosa418 16:48 30 Jan 10

Addition
I have just noticed if you start the slide show from the windows explorer task bar you do not have the option I described. Open wndows photo vewer by first clucking on a picture in your folder and then stsrting slide show with the button in the conrol bar

sputnick 17:04 30 Jan 10

I realise that you can rotate an image from the folder but if I have downloaded a few hundred images I dont want to keep going back to the folder views.
In XP I ran the slide show and was able to view all images at large size and then either press delete or right click and rotate if I want to keep the image but need to rotate.
I also used to use Zoombrowser from Canon that would do similar actoins but Canon have not produced any software that is compatible with W7.
Even the brand new EOS 7D SLR from Canon does not have available software only the drivers built into W7.
It just seems a step backwards from XP.
As a semi proffesional photographer ease and speed of use is very important.

sputnick 17:37 30 Jan 10

I have just found a way round the problem.
If you have Microsft Office 2007 you can open MS Office picture viewer and load the folder to that.
View as filmstrip and you can edit from there, it deletes or changes the original images in the folder.
Would have been a lot easier if MS had left it as it was.
Not a lot of help if you don`t have MS Office.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac