Windows 7 severe problems

paul654 21:27 PM 14 Jul 11

Every time my PC tries to install an update via Windows Update it turns off then turns back on again then goes to the 'do you want to start normaly safe mode' screen. This happens with EVERY update, either on automatic or manual install.I now have over 30 updates 'hidden' because they all crash my pc. I've also discovered that if I try to access System restore this also crashes the pc ! If I access 'System protection' at all...as soon as I click on it the pc turns off !! Also if I try to uninstall any programmes, using the uninstall progs facility in control panel, the pc turns off/on. I have run sfc/scannow, malwarebytes and done a cleanboot all with no success. I just tried to download and install 'Hijackthis' and this too causes my pc to switch off. Everything else on my pc works fine, it just seems to be windows update/system restore/progs uninstall. I am not a computer tech so please try to keep it simple....I have contacted Microsoft support several times regarding these problems but to be honest I may as well talk to my cat. I am running Windows 7 64 Bit SP1.

Terry Brown 21:39 PM 14 Jul 11

I'm guessing you have a serious trogan problem. Download REVO uninstaller and select option 4 (deep uninstall) on all programs that you think may be causing the problems.

Select the FREEWARE option, it is good enough for what you need link text

Try also running ADAWARE link textand or SPYBOT link text

Select the free options on both.

Terry

Devil Fish 01:30 AM 15 Jul 11

ok its trashing everthing security related lets go outside the box could i ask what av you are using

birdface 08:11 AM 15 Jul 11

maybe try this and see if it works.

1. Turn off computer ,then turn on and start tapping F8
  2. When the Advanced startup options appear Select Safe mode With Networking
  3. Open internet explorer goto google.com ,download Hitman pro "32-bit or 64-bit depending on your Os"
  4. Run Hitman pro ,let this scan the computer
  5. Activate Free Licence
  6. Reboot Pc

Infection Removed..!

paul654 20:10 PM 16 Jul 11

I'm running AVG. Just downloaded and ran 'Hitman Pro 64 bit' in safe mode....It didn't find anything. Begining to think I may have broken links/missing files in Windows but I only have an OEM disk so cant do a repair, looking increasingly like a re-install.

Snrub 20:16 PM 16 Jul 11

Are there any clues in Event Viewer after the crash to explain what's happening? Fault codes etc.

birdface 11:28 AM 18 Jul 11

Have a look in Device manager and see if any yellow exclamation marks are found.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…