Windows 7 recovery discs

hiwatt 14:32 PM 09 Jan 13

I got a new computer.Windows 7.I've not made a recovery disc yet.Do you have to make this disc before it will allow you to reset to factory settings if the need arises? A few discs came with the computer Operating system recovery dvd 1 and 2 but there's still an option to burn recovery dvd's from within the computer.Do I still need to do this even though it came with recovery discs?Any advice is much appreciated.

Ian in Northampton 14:39 PM 09 Jan 13

I guess I'd say: in theory, you don't need to, as you seem to have the recovery disks you need. Practically, however, I'd err on the side of safety and go for it. It can't do any harm, won't take too much time/effort/money - and might eventually prove to be worthwhile. Better safe than sorry...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:01 PM 09 Jan 13

Set the PC up to exactly as you want it - get rid of the bloatware that normaly comes with - set up all your favourites programs etc.

then make the restore disks and you can then set it back to this point if you need to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016