windows 7 problem

I recently apparently downloaded a program which has infected my pc. It nullified Norton etc and now won't let me disc check or roll back to a previous time - it says that a program was loaded which has stopped me doing so. Any help or ideas urgently requested

D@z© 10:33 AM 16 May 12

Have you got important docs etc backed up? You may have no choice but to reinstall Windows and use a better AV than Norton!

Woolwell 10:36 AM 16 May 12

Actually the latest version of Norton is quite good.

Is this thread relevant Computer locked?

woody 10:36 AM 16 May 12

Have you removed the program you downloaded?

lotvic 10:38 AM 16 May 12

A few more details are needed, what program? what does it say on the screen?

Woolwell 10:40 AM 16 May 12

BTW bad idea to use an e-mail address as your username.

Program causing the trouble is not shown so don't know which one it is. I can still use the computer but can't restore back to clear the problem.

birdface 11:07 AM 16 May 12

Go into safe mode with networking and download this and run it.

http://www.surfright.nl/en

See if that helps.

birdface 11:08 AM 16 May 12

I should have added if it finds any nasties you will have to activate it then it is free to use for 30 days.

lotvic 11:29 AM 16 May 12

Are you by any chance running two antivirus programs on your pc?

What other antivirus program (besides Norton) and security programs have you got installed?

Note: if you run two antivirus programs in real time they will conflict with each other and cause the symptoms that you have.

lotvic 11:44 AM 16 May 12

and as previously suggested, advise you to change your username. Not a good idea to use your email address.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone