Windows 7, personal banking program

exdragon 13:54 30 Mar 11

Hi - I think I'm finally going to bite the bullet and do a clean install of Windows 7 rather than a reformat and stick to XP.

As far as I can see, the only thing I'll have a problem with is my Quicken 2001 data. The program will run on the Win 7 laptop, but I can't get the data to load. I've tried backing up and restoring from back up as well as export and import. I've tried using a CD as well as a memory stick, but each time, the relevant file is either not found or could not be read.

As I can't afford to lose 15 year's worth of data, does anyone have experience of a more up to date program which would import my files?

Paulius55 14:30 30 Mar 11

I use a free application called Money Manager that works perfectly on Win 7 and imports Quicken data. The website is

click here

David4637 14:37 30 Mar 11

I have Qu2002 running OK on W7 64 bit, albeit no help files. I loaded all the files onto the W7 HD, and installed it from there. If do a Qu search there are simple instructions on PCAdvisor
David

exdragon 14:38 30 Mar 11

I'll give it a try.

In the meantime, I've successfully imported the data for one account into Quicken which I've put on the laptop, but do you think I can do the same thing with several other accounts? Can I heck!

exdragon 14:41 30 Mar 11

I can't get the files over (apart from the one mentioned above). I'm exporting to a CD, then importing them. I tried dealing with the successful account on its own, which worked, but doing the others individually doesn't. Trying to export All Accounts results in a 'File not found' or 'File unreadable', depending on how many times I try!

exdragon 14:44 30 Mar 11

David - 'If do a Qu search there are simple instructions on PCAdvisor'

Can you tell me where, please? I can only find three Quicken items in all forums, one of which is this one.

exdragon 15:35 30 Mar 11

Think I've managed to import most of the accounts - I just emailed the data to myself then opened it on the laptop.

exdragon 16:26 30 Mar 11

Hmm, spoke too soon - imported mos but when I try the remaining ones, I get a message saying, 'Duplicate Category' and it stubbornly refuses to import the transactions.

Back to the drawing board

exdragon 16:45 30 Mar 11

Sorry for the waffling.

prince midas 13:51 31 Mar 11

I looked at the money manager site but it does not say it will run on Windows 7 64bit?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017