Windows 7... Peek?

Simsy 08:46 28 Oct 09

Folks,
I've just installed Win7 on my laptop, (dual boot with vista), and am slowley getting it sorted with drivers etc...

It seems to be working bettere than Vista as far as my wireless is concerned, that's for sure...

But... the "Peek" feature. Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's the point of it? What does it enable you to do?

Regards,

Simsy

Technotiger 09:23 28 Oct 09
  Technotiger 09:23 28 Oct 09

He he he - Google :-))

Simsy 10:14 28 Oct 09

what it does, both in practice and via that link,...it makes all the open windows transparent, so you can see the desktop... what I mean is, how or why is that useful??

Regards,

Simsy

Technotiger 14:25 28 Oct 09

Probably just pleasing to the eye - for some!

Simsy 15:08 28 Oct 09

but I've seen it lauded as a good thing. It there something more to it that I'm missing? How can you make use of it... does anyone know?

Regards,

Simsy

Technotiger 16:02 28 Oct 09

I think it is aimed at those people with lots of windows open on their desktop, who, as a result might forget what is on the bottom of the pile 'so to speak' - being transparent allows them to see 'peek' at what is underneath, or even just to see their desktop.

Though it does not make a lot of sense to me.

Simsy 16:18 28 Oct 09

It makes all of the windows transparent, so you can't see what's at the bottom of the pile... all you can see is the desktop.

It's been so highly praised that I'm sure there must be something more to it!

Regards,

Simsy

wiz-king 16:35 28 Oct 09

I thought you were talking about the good old days of memory location look-up. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…