Windows 7 pc doesn't see other wireless connected devices

Chitterlow 04 Nov 11

Hi. I have a HTC wildfire S phone and a Motorola Xoom tablet which connects to my wireless network and both work fine. The only problem is that my Windows 7 p.c. can't "see" them. This means that I have to connect them via a USB lead in order to transfer files. When I try the NETWORK\ADD WIRELESS DEVICE option the computer does a search but doesn't find anything. Any suggestions?

mgmcc 05 Nov 11

My Windows 7 PC cannot see my "networked" HTC Wildfire S, or Android tablet, over WiFi either. However, using ES File Explorer in Android, they can access the shared folders in the PC. To facilitate this, I have given my PC a fixed IP address.

Even so, file transfers are simpler with a USB connection, so they can be managed from the PC using Windows Explorer and mouse.

Chitterlow 05 Nov 11

Hi mgmcc

Thanks for the tip about ED File explorer. I've loaded it and it's very handy. Chitterlow

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message