Windows 7 pc doesn't see other wireless connected devices

Chitterlow 17:28 PM 04 Nov 11

Hi. I have a HTC wildfire S phone and a Motorola Xoom tablet which connects to my wireless network and both work fine. The only problem is that my Windows 7 p.c. can't "see" them. This means that I have to connect them via a USB lead in order to transfer files. When I try the NETWORK\ADD WIRELESS DEVICE option the computer does a search but doesn't find anything. Any suggestions?

mgmcc 18:15 PM 05 Nov 11

My Windows 7 PC cannot see my "networked" HTC Wildfire S, or Android tablet, over WiFi either. However, using ES File Explorer in Android, they can access the shared folders in the PC. To facilitate this, I have given my PC a fixed IP address.

Even so, file transfers are simpler with a USB connection, so they can be managed from the PC using Windows Explorer and mouse.

Chitterlow 19:00 PM 05 Nov 11

Hi mgmcc

Thanks for the tip about ED File explorer. I've loaded it and it's very handy. Chitterlow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November