windows 7 password

grandadfred 19:35 06 Apr 10

I have a samsung laptop running windows 7. On a few
ocassions when I power up I have been confronted by a password screen. This has only happened two or three times. I do not use a password so I have progressed by acting as if I had entered a password and everything is fine. Today for some reason I get 'The user name or password is incorrect' so I can't use my laptop. As I say, I have never used a password and I havent got a clue as to what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

mfletch 19:41 06 Apr 10

See if it will boot into safe mode if it will do a system restore to a time before the problem.

Start into SAFE MODE

1/As your computer starts but before Windows launches, press F8 repeatedly.
2/Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
3/If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.
Note: If Windows launches before you can choose a safe mode, restart your computer and try again
PS/ Sometimes it maybe the F5 key

grandadfred 09:47 07 Apr 10

I have booted in safe mode, The only difference to see is the list of drivers etc. I still end up with exactly the same Password screen.

grandadfred 16:31 08 Apr 10

does anyone out there have any experience of the various types of password reset software on offer ???? Is it really so simple to use and is it safe ??

Technotiger 16:53 08 Apr 10

As far as I am aware there is no such software - at least not Legit software. You may be thinking of cases where people forget their own email passwords, and their ISPs have a system of reminding such people.

Technotiger 17:10 08 Apr 10

Are you sure that you are getting into Safe Mode? When in safe mode you should see the words 'Safe mode' repeated in each corner of the screen! Though I am talking about XP, it should be similar I would guess in Win7.

When in safe mode, you should be able to activate a System Restore in the normal way.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:15 08 Apr 10

tried logging in as Administrator as user name and then just press enter for password?

mfletch 17:46 08 Apr 10

choose vista folder, unlock account, clear password

Ive used this its {very good}

click here

grandadfred 10:30 12 Apr 10

Thank you for all your replies. The problem is that no matter what I try, I always end up at the password screen, Safe Mode loads the drivers etc for safe mode and then goes to the password screen.
I eventually did a restore using preloaded Samsung Recovery. I'm back in business again BUT the only option saw me taken back to Vista, so if I want W7 again !!!! When I asked about Password Recovery software I was referring to various software I was linked to when searching for answera to my initial problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…