Windows 7 OS on PC and Laptop

tonyq 08:49 AM 11 Dec 12

Hi, last year I bought a PC with Windows 7 installed,which came with the Windows 7 Disc. I am now looking for a new laptop. Could I install Win 7 on the laptop,if I bought one with no operating system installed from say Novatech,using the disc I received with the PC.

Jollyjohn 12:22 PM 11 Dec 12

Having had a quick look at Novatech site and comparing it to Tesco, I don't see much of a saving buying a laptop with no OS. - link to a Lenovo laptop, newly listed at Tesco.

onthelimit1 12:22 PM 11 Dec 12

The disc will be fine, but you won't have a COA key to activate it. You'll have to buy a disc and key from somewhere like these.

lotvic 17:17 PM 11 Dec 12

And don't fall for the scammers that sell a 'genuine product key' for about a tenner. They sell you a genuine key alright, BUT they sell the same key hundreds of times so after a few weeks it will fail (if it activates at all) as Microsoft will flag it up and put it on the banned key list. Then wherever you bought it from will have closed down (so you can't complain to them) and opened up again with a new name to con the next set of mugs.

tonyq 17:27 PM 11 Dec 12

Thank you all for your help/advice,I have ordered a laptop that comes with the O/S installed (Windows 7), enter link description here

tonyq 11:52 AM 12 Dec 12

Jock1e, sorry if I have missed something which discount code?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November