windows 7 order from amozon wrong need help

golfpro 15:17 01 Jun 10

I ordered a windows 7 end user software CD from Amazon last week, but what I received was a system builder CD. what do I do, shall I install it and will it work OK, or send it back, and order the correct one.

Dark Mantis 15:50 01 Jun 10

If you requested and paid for an End User Windows 7 disk that is what you should get. You shouldn't receive an OEM version which I take it is what you have got. DO NOT open it and arrange to return it to Amazon for a replacement.

Miké 19:47 01 Jun 10

Was it bought from Amazon directly or from one of their "Marketplace" sellers? can you post a link?

golfpro 04:26 02 Jun 10

From Amazon uk direct.
I have since ordered another copy (the correct one) and then I will see if they will accept a return.

Muergo 06:47 02 Jun 10

You really should have read the Terms and conditions of Trading.

Under the Distance Selling Act you are entitled to send anything back within 7 working days and receive a refund of full price including postage and cost of return postage.
Send timed Recorded delivery.

This applies whether or not it was your fault or not.

You can do this even if you have just changed your mind.

It does NOT matter whether it was Amazon or A.N. Other, just look at your invoice and return to that company.

Your contract is with whoever you paid.
Money is of the essence, who paid it,and who received it determines a contract for all purchases from anyone in the world, not the manufacturer.

Amazon also offer a return facility in addition to the legal obligation above, that is to return the item unopened, undamaged, by using their returns system.

Get a return number and they will reply by e-mail with a pre addressed label with the address and reference number, print this three times, put one on the parcel, one inside, and one for your records.

If you have opened the seal or registered the software you have no recourse, as far as they know you may have used it, or copied it.

You Must do it to TIME, I emphasise, go onto their website now, and follow the returns procedure as I have summarised.

golfpro 07:08 02 Jun 10

Apparently I have 30 days to return it. but thanks anyway. I shall be telephoning customer today and also be returning the CD as soon as I have spoken to them service as there is a complication with my account email address.

golfpro 07:11 02 Jun 10

Sorry that should have read:

Apparently I have 30 days to return it. but thanks anyway. I shall be telephoning customer services today and also be returning the CD as soon as I have spoken to the as there is a complication with my account email address.

User-312386 08:10 02 Jun 10

You have 30 days for a replacement! Under the distance selling regulation act, you have 7 days to return the product!

Muergo 10:21 02 Jun 10

Madboys is absolutely correct.

Did you read my note carefully.

Amazon, out of the goodness of their heart will take items back, they legally don't need to unless it's faulty or not what you ordered.
They seem to cover you for damage as well, but legally that is down to you to ensure it's insured! or take it up with the carrier.

You appear to have resold it, you are on dodgy ground now, if your customer doesn't want it but has broken the seal, you won't get anything from Amazon, and your customer can still return it to you unless you made it a condition of sale that he must not break the seal.

You are now the retailer and responsible for the product, so if your customer made an error in ordering you can tell him to keep it unless it is faulty.
If you ordered the wrong item then you are stuck with it!

Let us know how you get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple